Friday, March 4, 2011

Flannel Patchwork Ball


Yes, I know it is March so please excuse the next couple posts. Last Christmas I wanted to make Shane and the girls each a handmade gift instead of buying gifts and I wanted to share them here too.


Up first, is the littlest Mulholland, Violet. I made her a little patchwork ball. The pattern is from Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner. It is all hexagons and pentagons sewn together. I thought it would be confusing and that I might have a lot of taking out stitches and resewing but Anna gave clear, concise instructions and diagrams. It was so much fun to make. I used a bunch of her different flannels which made the ball super soft and cuddly. I think half the time Vi uses it for a pillow.


As you can see not all my corners match up very well but luckily Violet doesn't mind.

No comments: